Brushing your teeth correctly is a very important to good oral hygiene. There are many simple steps you can take to make sure you are brushing properly and thoroughly. Although the majority of people brush their teeth, there are still things that you can do to better improve your brushing.
Here are some easy steps to make sure that you’re brushing properly:
- Have the brush tilted at a 45 degree angle against your gum line and sweep the brush away from your gum line.
- Make sure to brush both the inside and outside surface of each tooth by moving the brush back and forth.
- After you have finished brushing each tooth thoroughly, make sure to brush your tongue, to help remove bacteria.
- It is important to remember to replace your tooth brush every two to three months, or if it starts to show signs of wear.
- There are many different types of toothpaste to choose from. If you have any further questions about brushing, you should ask them to your dentist. He or she will help provide you with the best type of toothpaste and toothbrush that is right for you.